date and X settings not saving?

Jay Savage yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 23 20:40:00 2002

On the (drastic but excellent) advice of several on this list, I solved my FireWire problem yesterday by ripping my disk out of the FW enclosure and installing it internally in my B & W G3.  Worked like a charm...once I remembered to jumper the former FW drive as slave.  :)  I then swapped a bunch of files aroundd reformatted the drive to get rid of the funny FW drivers, and then did a clean reinstall of YDL 2.1 to make use of the new partitions.  The new setup looks something like this:

hda (6 GB):
   drivers
   bootstrap (10.0G)
   MacOS 9   ( 1.8G)
   YDL Root  ( 4.40)
   Swap      (96.0M)

hdb (40GB):
   drivers
   HFS+       (13.0G)
   HFS+       ( 7.5G)
   YDL /usr   ( 7.5G)
   YDL /home  ( 7.5G)
   HFS cross platform file-swap (1.8G)

The install seemed to go fine, and I noticed rather dramatic improvement (because the same physical drive is no longer handling both swapping and the read-writes to  the shared files in /usr?).  /but/  I now lose both the time and my X configuration everytime I reboot.  Setting the date isn't too bad, but running Xconfigurator all the time is a pain.  I initially thought--since it involved the system clock--that it might be the battery, but the system clock works fine on the Mac side.

Any thoughts about where I sould look for the problem?

Thanks,

--jay savage

Click Here for Earth Friendly Wine.  Organic Wine Company, The Premier Source of French Organic Wines Since 1980.
http://planet-save.com/ecowine.htm