Yaboot does not appear on boot up.

Simon White yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 24 07:39:00 2002

24-Apr-02 at 09:33, wmkruse (wmkruse@charter.net) wrote :
> I also tried "cd-linux root=/dev/hda13" at "boot:" as described in the
> "Engineers' Notes" of the YDL 2.1 installation instructions, but got...

I think you need just "root=/dev/hda13" : the cd-linux is a specific
installation option but once YDL is installed you shouldn't need it.

> Finally, I thought I would try installing YDL 2.1 and see if it gives me
> the same problem.  It loaded and booted without any problems.  Then when
> I tried YDL 2.2 it worked without a problem.  I do not understand why
> that would make a difference.

Because YDL2.1 will have updated Yaboot and given it a parameter which now
allows you to boot properly, whereas the installer for YDL2.2 has failed
to add the correct config to yaboot at some point.

Regards,

Simon [who found out his disk was corrupt and now has to get another to
get further with his YDL install on a PowerPC 5200]

--
[Simon White. vim/mutt. simon@mtds.com. GIMPS:87.22% see www.mersenne.org]
Neutron stars are almost unimaginably dense: a teaspoon of neutron star