Powerbook: Cannot eject PCMCIA

Tom Rymes yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Apr 25 16:08:00 2002

I have the following problem on my Powerbook 2400:

I am unable to eject my network pcmcia cards. The finally work, but when
i try to eject them, I get the message "device or resource busy"

If I try to restart the pcmcia service (/etc/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia restart)
I get the same error, and if I try to bring the ethernet device down
(ifdown eth0) I get the following error: "usage" ifdown <device name>"

/etc/pcmcia/network stop gives me this error: "/etc/pcmcia/network:
/var/lib/pcmcia/stab: No such file or directory"

This is my major problem here, I suppose. I compiled pcmcia-cs from
source with the following commands:

1.) make config
2.) make all
3.) make install

I'm making this up as I go here, so any help would be appreciated,

Tom