MacOSX update wiped out Yaboot?

wmkruse yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Apr 25 21:04:00 2002

When I try running "/usr/sbin/ybin" from "boot:" I get...

Please wait, loading kernel...
/usr/sbin/ybin:13,/vmlinux: Unalbe to open file, Invalid device
boot:

If I try running /usr/sbin/ybin from terminal as "su" once Linux is
loaded, I get...

ybin: Warning: Incompatible version of `nvsetenv', nvram will not be
updated

On Thu, 2002-04-25 at 18:26, mr.snow wrote:
> remember , once you boot linux, run '/usr/sbin/ybin' to reinstantiate=20
> yaboot as the boot method .
>=20
> oh yes the apple key . am i showing my heritage ? =95
>=20
> >Ah yes... the finger cramping combination.  Yes it worked, thanks!  It
> >appears that I must use this method to initiate Yaboot each time I want
> >to boot into YDL, unless I reinstall the Yaboot?  I tried rebooting a
> >couple of times and each time it went directly to MacOS.
> >
> >On Thu, 2002-04-25 at 11:18, Eric D. wrote:
> >>  It's command-option-o-f & I _know_ it works on a B&W G3 ;)
> >>
> >>  Then type the:
> >>  boot hd:9,yaboot command (or whatever ID # is relevant)
> >>
> >>  (to some "command" is known as the Apple key... I think (I could be
> >>  completely wrong but this has been my personal experience) mostly by =
the
> >>  people who came into Mac through the LC/consumer series).
> >>
> >>  on 25/4/02 10:29, wmkruse at wmkruse@charter.net wrote:
> >>
> >>  > Unfortunately, I own one of the first B&W G3's.  That must be the r=
eason
> >>  > using the option key has no effect on my booting?
> >>  >
> >>  > Using "option"-"o"-"f" on booting also did not work.
> >>  >
> >>  > I went through the custom installation process and all the steps.  =
When