Sound in YDL

Roberto J Dohnert yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 26 12:07:00 2002

There is no folklore surrounding sound, the sound problem in YDL is the
same prob that I have in my Red Hat box.  Whats happening is these new
Digital Audio sound cards with the Mac and with Compaq and HP are not
compatible with the Analog CD players that Linux has. ie you dont have
the Analog cable that goes from the sound card to the CD or DVD rom.
the quickest fix for this is the new CD plugin for XMMS.  I suppose
these issues will be fixed with future versions. As for Gnome meeting I
still have yet to get that working but at least i can Listen to Limp
Bizkit or DMX while Im trying to solve the issues LOL