Trouble with XFree86 on 9600

Iain Stevenson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 26 12:51:01 2002

I'm surprised.  The IMS Twin Turbo cards work but not reliably n
accelerated mode.  The answer is probably to manually edit the X
configuration file to put it back to a non accelerated mode.  You should
try manually editing /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and changing the Device section
to something like this:

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Card0"
        Option  "fbdev" "/dev/fb0"
        Driver "fbdev"
        BusID   "PCI:0:13:0"
EndSection

You should replace the "PCI:0:13:0" with values specific to your machine
that you can get from the cat /proc/pci command.  For example, the cat
/proc/pci on my machine returns (I have an ATI video card):

 Bus  0, device  13, function  0:
    VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Rage 128 RE (rev 0).
      IRQ 23.
      Master Capable.  Latency=32.  Min Gnt=8.
      Prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0x84000000 [0x87ffffff].
      I/O at 0x400 [0x4ff].
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0x80804000 [0x80807fff].

Take the values from the first line and substitute them for the 0:13:0 in
the BusID.  You should then be able to get the IMSTT working albeit in
non-acclerated mode.

  Iain

--On Friday, April 26, 2002 10:09:36 -0700 Don Ahrens