Have to run Xconfigurator at boot

Romeyn Prescott yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 26 18:00:01 2002

Somewhen around 8:15 AM -0700 4/26/02, a person believing themself to
be Zenzele Bell scribbled:
>--- Romeyn Prescott <prescor@digirom.potsdam.edu>
>wrote:
>>  I'm running YDL 2.1 on a G4 with a 15" flat panel
>>  display.
>>
>>  Every time I reboot (which isn't often, mind you!) I
>>  have to re-run
>>  Xconfigurator before I can get into X.
>>
>>  Any idea why?
>

>not sure - i had to run Xconfigurator on my beige G3,
>with a Viewsonic monitor, every time i wanted to get
>into X.  i upgraded to 2.2, and no longer have to do
>it anymore.

Yeah, well, I finally have this box doing almost everything I want it
to do.  Given the hellish experiences documented here by people
trying to get from 2.1 to 2.2, I think I'll stay put for now.  Maybe
Terrasoft will come out with a CD that will UPGRADE an existing
installation someday.  (Going from RedHat 7.0 to 7.2 was a breeze.)

I'll check into the init-script theory someone posed.

...ROMeyn
--
signat-url: http://www2.potsdam.edu/dctm/prescor/signat-url.htm
-