Mount Mac UFS partitions?

Christopher Murtagh yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Apr 28 23:18:01 2002

On 28 Apr 2002, wmkruse wrote:
>Mac gives an alternative of using UFS, but one cannot run "classic" mode
>of using MacOS9 from within MacOSX if using UFS. So far I have been able
>to reboot from MacOS9 (in HFS+) to MacOSX (in UFS) but I have not tried
>mounting the UFS partition with Linux.

 UFS is not recommended and is seriously depreciated by Apple. From their
own tech support docs:

 'When installing Mac OS X Server 10.0.3, it must be installed on a Mac OS
Extended (HFS Plus) formatted volume and not a UFS formatted volume. If
you install on an UFS formatted volume, you will not be able to use the
Server Admin, and other services may behave unexpectedly.'

 If you need OS X, install it on an HFS+ volume, but use an HFS standard
volume to share docs between MacOS and Linux.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh