(no subject)

Simon White yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Apr 29 02:24:01 2002

27-Apr-02 at 12:46, Max Wiberg (max.wiberg@psy.umu.se) wrote :
> Have anybody on this list gotten the the combodrive "CD-RW/DVD" on
> the flatpanel
> new iMac to be recognized as a burner yet by YDL2.2.
>
> (Mounting it as /dev/hdb  för reading - works just like you'd expect )

To get IDE CD burners working, you usually have to make them "look" like
they are SCSI.

Try ide-scsi=/dev/hdb in your kernel boot parameters (I think you can pass
these parameters at the yaboot prompt). I don't know if the stock YDL2.2
includes ide-scsi support, if it doesn't you will have to compile it in.

Regards,

--
[Simon White. vim/mutt. simon@mtds.com. GIMPS:94.63% see www.mersenne.org]
           /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign