Modem and/or networking trouble...?

Simon White yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Apr 29 03:38:01 2002

28-Apr-02 at 16:27, Graham Leggett (minfrin@sharp.fm) wrote :
> Hi all,
>
> Ever since upgrading to YDL v2.2, I am suddenly having trouble with PPP
> connections over my modem. It seems that traffic doesn't flow smoothly,
> but "pauses" for a few seconds, every few seconds.
>
> If I ping the far side of my modem link, I get the following:
>
> 64 bytes from 196.30.128.26: icmp_seq=246 ttl=255 time=10.830 sec

What else is running? I find sometimes that another connection can steal
all traffic, and ping takes forever (it is not high priority in the TCP/IP
stack).

Regards,

--
[Simon White. vim/mutt. simon@mtds.com. GIMPS:94.71% see www.mersenne.org]
UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius