Sound on YDL v2.2 - dead loss?

Andy Hocker yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Apr 29 18:26:00 2002

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, nigel kersten wrote:

> I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has a solution to this... I'd much
> prefer to move to ALSA for sound, I'm not really fussed about playing cds and
> the like, more using my YDL install to run Linux synthesis apps....

Avinash Gupta got ALSA to work and posted how he did it on
this list a couple months ago -- here's the link:

http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/yellowdog-general/February02/0033.html

It's very step-by-step, 'cause I asked him to dumb it way down
for me. ;) Maybe it'll be useful to you....

Andy

Andy Hocker                     office: CDF trailer 168-O
University of Rochester         phone:     (630)-840-8622
Fermilab/CDF - M.S. 318         fax:       (630)-840-2968
PO Box 500                      e:        hocker@fnal.gov
Batavia, IL  60510              hey ho:          let's go