Sound on YDL v2.2 - dead loss?

Iain Stevenson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 30 06:01:01 2002

We need to specify the machines we're using!  I got the alsa drivers to
load install and produce sound (only at full volume) on my 9600.

These applications didn't work:

- wmixer-alsa ... fails to build
- xmms-alsa ... builds but causes xmms to quit at startup

So I never got as far as adjusting the volume.

The lack of ability to cope with other applications is my main quibble with
alsa.  For all its faults, esd sort of works for what I want to do.

However, with alsa going into the 2.5 kernel maybe we'll all have no choice
eventually.

  Iain