Sound on YDL v2.2 - dead loss?

nigel kersten yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 30 06:28:01 2002

You get a click? I don't get that on my TiBook 667

when I run alsamixer, I can change volumes, mute/unmute, it just seems to
have no effect....  aplay just doesn't make any noise, I can play audio cds
through xmms and the cdread plugin, using OSS as an output, (I compiled the
drivers with OSS compatibility) but no audio comes ....

this is what lsmod shows on my system right now...

snd-mixer-oss          10992   0
snd-pcm-oss            45972   0
snd-powermac           25344   0
snd-pcm                63600   0  [snd-pcm-oss snd-powermac]
snd-timer              13040   0  [snd-pcm]
snd                    35260   0  [snd-mixer-oss snd-pcm-oss snd-powermac
snd-pcm snd-timer]
soundcore               5096   3  (autoclean) [snd]
appletalk              25380  13  (autoclean)
ipx                    21692   0  (autoclean)
md                     49052   0  (unused)

Hang on.... How many sliders do you get to see in alsamixer? I only get the
main one.... AlsaMixer v1.00 ...

I actually compiled all the libs and utils from 0.9.0rc1 and just checked the
CVS version of alsa-driver out so I could load it... perhaps I should try
with all the CVS stuff... but it feels so close... like alsamixer just isn't
turning off a mute or something....

nigel