Suitability of Beige Desktop G3 for YDL

Rob Brandt yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 30 14:54:00 2002

Oh yeah.  Crucial question:  Which YDL?  I have a full set of YDL 2.0
CDs already, is it worth/safe going to YDL 2.2?  Or is 2.1 the best
balance of stability/newness?  One of the irritations with 2.0 was
tasty morsel apps that didn't install because of failed dependencies.
I'd LOVE to use a version where everything works straight from RPM.

I'll be installing standard stuff: Apache, MySQL, PHP, PostFix, Mailman, etc.

Rob