CLI mail programs (Sylpheed Compatible)

Bill Fink yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 30 21:30:03 2002

On Mon Apr 29 2002, Shawn Dunn wrote:

> Just curious, is there a CLI program out there that will play nice with
> Sylpheed's mailbox format?  Pine won't, and I don't have mutt installed
> as of yet to check, it would just be nice to SSH into this machine from
> work, and check my mail that way........

Hi Shawn,

I think you should be able to use pine with sylpheed, albeit somewhat
convoluted.  You could use pine (perhaps with fetchmail) to check your
mail from work.  Then when you get home, you could use sylpheed's feature
which allows you to import from a mailbox file to get all the pine messages
you hadn't deleted from pine's mailbox, and dispose of them as desired
(move to appropriate sylpheed folders).  Finally, you'd just have to
clean up (remove) the pine mailbox.  Certainly not ideal but perhaps
workable.

						-Bill