DVD, DIVX and AVI playback on YDL 2.3

Chris Ruprecht yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Aug 4 20:19:00 2002

I sat down and compiled xine-lib 0.9.13 as well as the corresponding ui.
It compiled without any problems. However, when I try to play a DVD, noth=
ing=20
happens. I have xine on the screen, the big bos with just _xine_ in it an=
d=20
the control panel, which confirms that it's version 0.9.13. I inserted a =
DVD=20
and clicked on DVD in the panel but the play button is still not enabled.
I guess, that I don't have /dev/dvd set to anything sensible, so I change=
d the=20
settings to /dev/cdrom, but that's a no-go as well ... can somebody outli=
ne=20
the steps I need to take to make this work?

Best regards,
Chris