how to stop dhcp from changing resolv.conf?

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Aug 5 10:01:01 2002

Hi,

I am using my powerbook running ydl linux 2.3 at the work and at home.  At work, I have a static IP address using the the ethernet connection.  At home, I use dhcp with the wireless airport.  The problem I have is the airport dhcp connection changes the resolv.conf file every time I connect to the net from home.  So, when I get back into work I had to reset the resolv.conf settings.  Is there anyway to stop dhcp from changing my resolve.conf setting?  The resolve.conf setting I want to use will work both from home and from work.  But when I get home, dhcp always resets the resolv.conf setting to my ISP's setting.

-James

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com