how to stop dhcp from changing resolv.conf?

Konstantin Riabitsev yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Aug 5 10:35:00 2002

--=-tQskAvbEPFaovYHAB3BC

On Mon, 2002-08-05 at 12:24, Nicolas ROBAUX wrote:

> > resolv.conf settings.  Is there anyway to stop dhcp from changing my=20
> > resolve.conf setting?  The resolve.conf setting I want to use will work=
=20
>=20
> man dhcpcd gives the trick :
> dhcpcd -R prevent the dhcp client daemon to overwrite an existing
> /etc/resolv.conf
>=20
> So just the -R option in the script wich launch dhcpcd.

You may also take a look at pump. It has some features that dhcpcd
doesn't have, and it's also available under both rh and ydl. In fact,
you only have to rpm -e dhdpcd and rpm -i pump to have it enabled.

man pump afterwards. I use it because it gives me more control over
dhcpcd when I move from one network to another (like preserving my
domain search lines).

--=20
 0>  Konstantin ("Icon") Riabitsev
/ )  Duke University Physics Sysadmin