PHP with MySQL problems

Chris Ruprecht yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Aug 7 06:15:01 2002

Mark,

On Wednesday 07 August 2002 02:17, Mark Jaffe wrote:
> Anyone using PHP with MySQL? I found it is not working out-of-the-box, =
and

I wrote a few things using this combination, but I don't like MySQL (too=20
limited). What is not working? It's doing ok for me ...

> attempting to build PHP with mysql configured is not working. Anyone el=
se

That worked for me just fine, too. In fact, I have been building apache=20
1.3.26/php 4.2.2/ssl/webdav/PostgreSQL 7.2.1 combinations in the last few=
=20
days and that all worked just fine. You have to build them in a specific=20
order to get it all working. PHP has a built-in MySQL module, which has b=
een=20
enough for whatever I was doing.

> tried it? I am on 2.2, BTW. Is this better in 3.3? Can I get by yup or
> apt-get?

2.2/3.3 of which package? PHP? That would be way outdated. MySQL? I didn'=
t=20
know that 2.2.x was still around anywhere

Since this stuff is not quite YDL related, maybe we can take this convers=
ation=20
off-line.

Best regards,
Chris