No sound - PBG3/FW, YDL 2.3

Khaos Gott yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Aug 8 16:02:01 2002

On Thursday 08 August 2002 11:32, Andrew Schaaf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have YDL 2.3 running nicely on by PowerBook G3/Firewire ("Pismo").
> Nicely except for one thing: No sound.
> When I boot up, as KDE starts, a window pops up, titled "Informational =
-
> artsmessage", and says:
>
> "Sound server informational message:
> Error while initializing the sound driver:
> device /dev/dsp can't be opened (No such device)
> The sound server will continue, using the null output device."
>
> Any idea what I can do to get sound running?
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew Schaaf

Login twice works for me. Upon restart of the sound driver I don't get th=
is=20
message anymore. Just go to KDE control center and do this:
1.Click on sound
2.Click on soundserver
3.Now unclick Start aRs soundserver on KDE startup
4.Click Start aRs soundserver on KDE startup again
5.Pres apply.
6.Press the test sound button. It will probably work now.

This works for me. Quite an ugly method though. I'm sure there is somethi=
ng=20
like sound server restart or something like that but I just figured this =
out=20
myself.=20

Goodluck,

KhaosGott