HOWTO? I want to add an additional HD

Robert Serphillips yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Aug 11 17:30:00 2002

You could actually skip the first step. You don't need to write the
apple drivers to the disk if the disk will only contain an ext2 file
system. When you use pdisk you will create one partition in this case.

root@Wine<50>roberts: pdisk -i
Top level command (? for help): e
Name of device: /dev/sdb
Edit /dev/sdb -
Command (? for help): l
No such command (l)
Command (? for help): p

Partition map (with 512 byte blocks) on '/dev/sdb'
 #:                type name      length   base     ( size )
 1:                ext2 newdisk 17916175 @ 63       (  8.5G)

Device block size=512, Number of Blocks=17916239 (8.5G)
DeviceType=0x0, DeviceId=0x0

Command (? for help):

When you run mkfs there is an option to check the disk for errors
before writing the file system.  Check the man pages for the proper
syntax.

-Rob