Is the Apple Color Plus 14'' Monitor  Supported with YLD 2.3?

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Aug 16 19:07:01 2002

Does anyone know if the Apple Color Plus 14'' Monitor is supported by YDL or if there is a list of supported monitors on the YDL site somewhere?  Or better yet, has anyone seen a list of arguments that can be typed in at the Boot prompt during installation for the different makes of monotors out there?

**********

  Subj: Installing with an Apple Color Plus 14'' Monitor

  From: Skarpheden@aol.com

  To:    yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com

I can't seem to get the YDL 2.3 installer to correctly display the old Apple Color Plus 14'' Monitor (ca 1994) that I am using. Is there anything that I can do to correct this? This is what happends:

I boot off the CD alright. I get as far as the prompt for  "%booting:..." Then I have tried the GUI installer (pressing the RETURN key) and "install-text" but in each case the screen remains legible for only a couple seconds while it apears to be loading the kernel. But then suddenly the screen seems to brake-up into a dozen vertical lines and becomes uninteligable. I can still make out that the installer appears to be running but it is imposible to read what the screen says.

I have tried to find advice on the mailing lists ussing Google and I have reviewed the Realplayer video and the Install Guide but have not had any luck. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Skarpheden

I am installing on  a

AGP G4 400
512 RAM