Problems with YDL 2.2 Network Configuration

Ken Schweigert yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Aug 20 10:10:05 2002

Jeff,

I belive the post-installation will work for you if you make
one change.
 /usr/var/lib/yi/network.py [RETURN]
to:
 /usr/lib/yi/network.py [RETURN]

I run YDL-2.0, but I think these files are in the same place.
If not, this will help you find where the network.py file is
located:
  [ken@byte-8 ken]$ su -
  Password:
  [root@byte-8 /root]# updatedb
  [root@byte-8 /root]# locate network.py
  /usr/lib/yi/network.py
  /usr/lib/yi/network.pyc
  /usr/lib/yi/network.pyo
  [root@byte-8 /root]#

Then just execute it with:
  [root@byte-8 /root]# /usr/lib/yi/network.py

On another note, I personally haven't had much luck with the
Asante cards.  If you're using your YDL box as a workstation,
and aren't doing anything fancy network-wise, just use the
built-in ethernet port.

Hope this helps.
--
-Ken Schweigert, Aspiring Network Administrator
Byte Productions, LLC