Converting OS X AddressBook to KAddress?

Robert Brandtjen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Aug 21 00:43:01 2002

On Tuesday 20 August 2002 11:39 pm, Timothy A. Seufert wrote:
> As you've been told before, Apple's cards have Apple-specific
> features like ADC connectors and have a Mac Open Firmware / NDRV ROM
> instead of a PC VGA BIOS ROM.
>

> This implies nothing about the GPU on them.
>

> Which, as you may recall, is the part that you had originally claimed
> was castrated in Apple's cards.

If they are the same card, then why, based on these tests, does it perfor=
m so=20
poorly against the MX200? a card which is 3 years old - well, not to appl=
e=20
but to the pc world it is.
http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/Graphics/geforce4_ti/geforce4_titanium_Mac.htm=

Look at the speed comparisons, they are terrible, what do you do, go thro=
ugh=20
life with a set of blinders on? do you think anyone in the PC world would=
 by=20
a card that performed that poorly against a GF 200 MX? the MX is always t=
he=20
lowest and cheapest version of Nvidia's cards - those GF2's sell for like=
=20
35.00 now, and Apple foists a card off on Mac users for 399.00 that is le=
ss=20
then 1% faster then a 3 year old card, in most cases it isn't any faster =
and=20
somewhat slower then a GF3 - which is really nothing more then a supped u=
p=20
GF2 ti 200, as the GF3 was really an MX version.

I i know, its the drivers, except that 10.2 is out, the Mall of America (=
15=20
minutes from my front door) has one of apple's flagship stores, the boxes=
=20
with 10.2 and the GF4s  are there to play with, and you know what? side b=
y=20
side with the older model, no speed increase, nada, the GF3 is faster in =
10.1=20
then the GF4 is in 10.2

Even if it's Apples MB that sucks, and not the card itself, does it reall=
y=20
matter when your locked into a proprietary system? NO

Show me one INDEPENDANT benchmark test where the Apple box wins overall, =
not=20
just with a few photoshop plugins, the rest of us dont spend our lives=20
tweaking images. The last time I know of was in 1995, the 604's were fast=
er=20
then there PC counterparts.
--=20
 Robert Brandtjen