Converting OS X AddressBook to KAddress?

Robert Brandtjen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Aug 21 01:34:01 2002

On Wednesday 21 August 2002 02:03 am, dylan wrote:
> shut it robert

OKAY dylan - do you offer serious advice to the linux kernel list like ti=
m as=20
well?
Begin quote:

Yesterday, Timothy A. Seufert (tas@appsig.com) wrote:

  > Why not take it a step further than just devices?  This is a perfect
  > model for supporting named forks.
 >In fact, I believe this is how MacOS X is exposing HFS+ named forks to
 >the UNIX side of things.  (HFS+ supports not just the old style
 >Macintosh data and resource forks but an arbitrary number of named
 >forks.)

Because this only works on filesystems where directories can't themselves
have named forks (or streams, or whatever you wish to call them)
associated with them.

Read the archives on this issue :)

Mo.

- --=20