"server returned error - 5002"

Steve Cooley yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Aug 23 11:51:02 2002

*	Samad Lotia yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
<mailto:yellowdog-general%40lists.terrasoftsolutions.com>
Thu Jul 11 15:20:01 2002
*	I've installed the server version of YellowDog 2.3 and compiled and
*	installed the 2.4.18 kernel. Now when the computer is starting up,
it says
*	"Starting AppleTalk services... OK". However, when I try to connect
to that
*	computer on a Mac, I get the error message: "No file services are
avaible at
*	the URL <afp://10.0.0.1\nTry> again later or try a different URL
(server
*	returned error - 5002)." Any reasons this could be happening? I
looked
*	through the configuration files, but to no avail. BTW, papd is
disabled. I
*	do not want a print server.
*	apfd.conf:
*	The file only contains comments. So afpd is configured to the
default
*	settings.
*	AppleVolumes.conf:
*	~
*	atalkd.conf:
*	eth1 (this is the correct network device that is connected to the
LAN)
*
*	In the Finder, when I select "Connect to server...", the atalkd
server is
*	not listed. I also tried, in apdf.conf, to change the port to 12000.
When I
*	connect to that port, I get the same error.
*	Samad

Did anyone have this problem, and/or figure out the solution to this? I'm
experiencing something similar.