Boot problems after install

Mark Walker yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Aug 26 20:28:09 2002

Background: PPC 7500 with 320 MB RAM, 2 SCSI HHD (9.1 GB and 4.5GB), Voodoo
3 2000, a Sonnet G3 400 upgrade card, a Belkin USB pci card.
I had problems installing from a burn iso.  I bought a retail set of YDL
2.3.
Still had the install bombing (segmentation fault), so after removing all
hardware to include the processor upgrade, rearranging the hard drives and
playing with scsi termination.  I finally settled on a memory problem.  I
started yanking out memory modules until I was down to one 128 MB dimm.
Install worked this time.
Now the new problem:  When I boot into Linux I get the boot screen (all
text) that shows what is loading.  When it get to a certain point, prior to
the login screen, it gets stuck on one process and starts scrolling real
fast, too fast to read.  I not sure how else to describe it.