cups question?

Pat yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Aug 31 13:49:01 2002

Here's the deal.

I have an ethernet LAN on which an iMac running Jaguar has an Epson
Stylus C40UX printer attached. It plus the other machines running
Jaguar can see and print to it without problems. I have an ANS700
running YDL2.3 that has cups and KDE 3.0.1 installed. Using the print
manager in KDE, cups can see the printer, but I'll be darned if I can
print to it using the printer test. All my local machines are entered
in the hosts.equiv and hosts.lpd files on the iMac attached to the
Epson.

Is there something I'm missing in the setup?

Pat