Problems with burning the ISO on an iBook

Graham Leggett yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Dec 1 04:33:01 2002

Myron Mychal wrote:

> What I did was to download the ISO onto my desktop.  I
> then double-clicked the ISO icon which created the
> YDL-2.3 directory and all of its pieces.  I then
> clicked on this directory and copied all of the files
> and subdirectories to the CD (which I prepared as
> HFS+/ISO), and then I went to burn the CD using the
> drop-down option from the File menu.
>
> I did this three times with different CD's.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

The YDL ISO is a complete CD image in itself, with special settings
enabled to be bootable and readable by Linux systems, etc. What you are
doing above is copying the files off the CD and creating a brand new ISO
with none of the required settings, which won't work.

You need to find a CD writer program which is capable of writing the ISO
image directly to the CD without modifying it along the way. This goes
for all ISO distributed CDs, not just YDL.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street