Trouble in downloading YDL 2.3

René Bourion yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Dec 2 07:50:01 2002

Hello,

I have just got a new iMac, and I wanted to install on it the Yellow
Dog Linux that I have, i.e. version 2.2.

I was somehow able to do the install, but only the console works, not X.
The reason appears to be that the graphic card of the new machine (Nvidia
geforce 2 mx) is not supported. However, I saw on the YDL site that 2.3
supports it.

Downloading 2.3 therefore suggested itself as the quickest way to get things
to work. I made two attempts, using Internet Explorer: in both cases, I got
a file called "dayton-2.3-20020704-install.iso", with sizes of respectively
515.0 Mb and 546.8 Mb, whereas the theoretical size is 661.6 Mb. So the
download was not complete; I burnt the second file on a disk (with Mac OS
10), just to see, but, as expected, it did not boot. It did not even show up
in the Finder.

Can somebody suggest a way out of this, bearing in mind that it must involve
only Mac OS (as my Linux is not in working condition)? Is there a way in
general to make sure that a file gets downloaded completely?

Thanks in advance.

R. B.