qmail Setup

Neil Jolly yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Dec 3 11:28:01 2002

On December 3, 2002 10:40 am, Blake Skinner wrote:
> Just forgot a bit of information that might be a bit helpful.  If I
> send and email to any address on that server, the email goes through
> without a problem. qmail-remote only crashes when sending to an
> external address.
>
> On Tuesday, December 3, 2002, at 12:02 PM, Blake Skinner wrote:
> > Made an attempt to setup qmail on my server. For the most part it
> > works; I can recieve mail send to the machine. I run into problems,
> > however, when I try to use the smtp portion of the program. The
> > messages get accepted and pushed into the queue but when qmail
> > attempts to send them, qmail-remote crashes. Here is an excerpt from
> > the /var/log/qmail/current file...

I haven't seen that error before, but it's possible that it may be due to a
problem with your tcp.smtp rules db.

--
Neil Jolly

(with Yoda-like voice)
"Confrontation leads to anger...  Anger leads to fear...  Fear leads
to using Windows NT in mission-critical combat systems...  And this is
how the ancients fell...