Monitor Resolution Problems

Carl Crawford yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Dec 3 22:38:01 2002

--Apple-Mail-2-543529463

System Setup:
Machine speed : 733 MHz
Machine model :  Power Mac G4 QuickSilver
Ram : 640MB
Card Name :  NVDA,NVMac
Card Model :  GeForce2 MX
Monitor: Optiquest Q71
Running YellowDog Linux 2.3 Kernel 2.4

I just install YDL 2.3 and I cannot get the monitors resolution right.
It seems that I can only use 16 bit color for one thing. Also after
going into "dexter.py" and trying several different setting, I was able
to boot into KDE but my desktop was bigger than my monitor size.  So I
was having to scroll to see everything on my desktop.  Is there a way
to fix this?  Is anyone else using the same graphics card?  If so, what
settings did you use?

Thanks,
Carl

--Apple-Mail-2-543529463