Console Mode Keyboard Setup

Konstantin Riabitsev yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Dec 4 19:01:01 2002

--=-ysbYNHjgSYXnck2Q5jTZ

On Wed, 2002-12-04 at 20:28, cbsled@ncia.net wrote:
> I use Dvorak. Setup in X I learned long ago, but I just recently discover=
ed the magic bullet for the console mode, which for those searching the arc=
hives in the future, is called loadkeys.=20
>=20
> Doing the too simple to contemplate:
>=20
>     loadkeys dvorak
>=20
> has the correct keymap running in console mode on my Wallstreet.=20
>=20
> My question is:
> In which system configuration file should I place the loadkeys command so=
 that it will be executed on boot, before the text mode login?

Actually, if I recall correctly, edit your /etc/sysconfig/keyboard and
set KEYTABLE=3Ddvorak (no spaces) instead of "us".

Regards,
--=20
Konstantin ("Icon") Riabitsev
Duke University Physics Sysadmin