APT-GET is rabbit-dung ... please confirm/deny

Bernard Mentink yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Dec 5 12:26:01 2002

>Now did you make and install a source or rebuild a source rpm?
>The only thing that makes me nervous is the 'nodeps' you used to remove it.
>What i would *try* is to reinstall the >old Ghostscript rpm and remove it
>without the nodeps. It might have affected the dependencey tree.  Or
install
>is
>>using RPM side by side with the new ghostscript package so the dependency
>is completed. But don't -force it, that
>never comes out good. :-)
------------------------------------
Ok, but I could not un-install the old Ghostscript without doing a -nodeps,
(got lot's of dependancy issues)and yes I was trying to un-install the
original distro version, nothing fancy.
How else am I to un-install it ?????

I could not up-grade Ghostscript using rpm or apt-get because the particular
version I wanted to use (supporting ijs printers) is only available in
source form(tar-ball). So I compiled and install that in the usual manner.

If someone can tell me how to do this without doing a nodep, I am all ears!
--

Cheers,
Bernie Mentink.

So, don't forget, kids: Tell Everybody Everything You Know. Life is too
short for secrets.