Problems with internal cdrom and Sonnet Tempo ATA100

Justin Guidroz yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Dec 9 14:24:02 2002

Basically here's the problem, I want to install YDL 2.3 on my 6GB drive connected to ide0 while OS X server resides on a hard drive connected to my Sonnet Card.  In order to set up yaboot correctly(2.3 can't during installation because card isn't seen/enabled), I need to actually install 2.2.  When trying to install 2.2, all I get is the text installer because I have a conflict between my Sonnet card and my cdrom drive.  It seems that my cdrom is somehow listed as being on ide2, and the Sonnet cards lists it's connectors as ide2 and ide3.  So basically I lose functionality of my cdrom drive and I can't install YDL 2.2.

So, how can I change my cdrom from being listed on ide2 to ide1, where it currently resides so I can complete installation?

Justin