New G4 PB/Radeon 9000 War Stories?

Max Wiberg yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Dec 9 15:10:01 2002

Den 02-12-09 21.47, skrev "Keary Suska" <hierophant@pcisys.net>:

> Does anyone have war/success/failure stories for installing YDL 2.3 on one
> of the new G4 Powerbooks with the Radeon 9000 mobility card?

Not that I know of.

I have the Radeon 8500 video card on my grey Mac G4.
The kernel recognize the Radeon 8500 after you have installed the YDL-2.3 on
the machine. But you can only get 256-colors, no 3d acceleration, etc etc.

Of course you you also have to install YDL-2.3,
with the original ATI Rage pro 128 - 16Mb Vram, in the box first.

The installer DOES NOT recognize the Radeon 8500 - card.

I have put his question to the list and gotten ZERO answers.

Cheers:  Max!