Problems with internal cdrom and Sonnet Tempo ATA100

Justin Guidroz yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Dec 10 08:21:01 2002

Looking through the lists some more, I've been noticing
that just about every person with a B&W that posted about
ide problems has the CDROM on ide2.  So I guess I'm safe
to assume that the CDROM is not on the DMA chipset that my
hard drive is on.

So this leads to another question, does anyone know if it's
possible to get my Sonnet Card recognized as ide3 and ide4
instead of ide2 and ide3.  It would seem possible to remove
the card and then compile a new kernal with support for the
card and see(hopefully) that it gets assigned correct ide
assignments so that I can use the drives.  However, it
continues to look like I need to install 2.2, which isn't
possible at the moment.

Any help would be appreciated.

Justin
jguidroz@cox.net