Ethernet issues with PM 6500/250 and 2.4 kernel

Daniel Brad Holder yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Dec 12 13:31:01 2002

Hello all,
	Ok, so I've installed YDL on my old PowerMac 6500/250. I wasn't
able to get the 2.4 kernel install to work but I got the 2.2 install on
there. Now I can boot using the 2.4 kernel but the onboard ethernet card
doesn't work. However, it does work in the 2.2 kernel. Now I'm guessing
the driver used in the 2.4 kernel for my card is different from the driver
used in the 2.2 kernel. I think the "tulip" driver is being used in the
2.4 kernel. How do I fix things so that my card works in the 2.4 kernel? I
guess I will have to compile a new kernel and I've seen directions for
this so I think I can figure that out but I'm also guessing I need the
driver being used in the 2.2 kernel. How do I get this driver? And how do
I tell the kernel when I recompile to use this driver instead of the damn
"tulip" driver.
	Also, if there's better way to get my card working let me know.
Thanks in advance.

Brad Holder
gte575f@mail.gatech.edu
"Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by
fearing to attempt." - William Shakespeare