YellowDog for Gamecube

joah moat yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Dec 13 09:37:01 2002

<P><BR><BR>Hello, I&nbsp;feel that&nbsp;it would be a good idea to create a linux distribution for the Nintendo Gamecube.&nbsp; On the plus side, the console architecture is similar to a mac, has amplepower, has broadband adapter and keyboard available.&nbsp; On the minus: a HD has yet to be developed, and Nintendo is a corporation.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>I believe it would be possible to create a Linux distribution to the benefit of Gamecube console owners for Netscape alone.&nbsp; Not to mention the benefits to the open source community.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>The lack of HD may not be as much a problem as it seems.&nbsp; With the rapid disc access and fast ram of the console, the OS could operate (albeit stringed) from disc to accomodate certain applications, especially those pertaining to the internet.&nbsp; (It is good probability that a HD could be made available for the console at a later&nbsp;time.)&nbsp;</P>
<P>I believe Nintendo does not have an OS yet.&nbsp;&nbsp;Game developers for the console use OpenGL and have access to a wide library of tools.&nbsp; Nintendo may be apprehensive&nbsp;to such a proposal (for fear of the unknown).&nbsp; </P>