Problem with PowerLogix G3/400 upgrade

Robert Serphillips yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Dec 18 19:31:01 2002

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 11:08:51 -0800
Chris Plummer <darwin.plummer@sun.com> wrote:

> -G3 upgrade and DIMMs bought at same time from OWC.

this is most likely the problem. Over the last few months I've bought
about  dozen of those 128mb modules for my 8500. I've returned all but
one of them because they were flaky or flat out DOA.  Would be best to
stick with the 64mb ones. I've no problem interleaving them as they've
been solid. If my bus is over 45Mhz I do get intermittent errors on
boot. Might try backing it down a bit.

Try un interleaving the modules. If that doesn't work , try using one
at a time.

-Rob