[MORE] Can't boot to SCSI device...

Romeyn Prescott yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Dec 20 09:29:00 2002

I have tried following step 4 as detailed in the YDL "Where did the
Yaboot Menu go?"
(http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_general/boot_functions.shtml)

I follow the steps, but when I get to clicking on "bootloader" I get:

-----
This module has suffered a FATAL error!  Choose 'Continue' ...blah blah blah

IndexError: list out of range
-----

It goes on to list several .py files which are having trouble.

I've also tried installing a fresh IDE drive and installing Linux to
THAT thinking I could eventually boot from that, mount my old
partition, re-run ybin, and restore it THAT way.

Unfortunately, the 2.3 installer "craps out" part-way through package
installation and the unit reboots to Mac OS 9.

:-(

Any advice at this point would be severely appreciates.  I'm no
neophyte at this sort of thing, but I'm at wit's end!

Is there any more information I can provide that would help y'all help me?

Thanks,
...ROMeyn

At 3:10 PM -0500 12/19/02, Romeyn Prescott scribbled: