Battle.net server

linux yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Dec 27 13:09:01 2002

I was wondering if someone could shed a little light on a matter of
DHCP routing for me. I'lkl try to be as coherent as possible, but I'm
warning you I'm very new at this.

I have successfully set up a Battle.net server and everything is
working great, but...

Can someone tell me IF I WANTED TO, how would I access the server from
an outside computer? For instance:

My server is behind a router. So what I want to have happen is for
someone on the internet to access my server(a friend of mine at his
house). The router is broadcasting XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX as the ip address
but my server is locally YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY. What would the address be if
I wanted to give it to someone to play a game?

OR

Do I have to be outside the router to do this?

Christopher