Logitech USB Internet Keyboard????

Patrick Smith yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 2 21:42:01 2002

Ethan Frantz wrote:
> Does anyone use the Logitech USB Internet Keyboard
> with YDL 2.3?
>
> I bought the keyboard because I dislike the little
> keyboard that came with my G4. The Logitech keyboard
> works under MacOS 9 but not under linux.
>
> It apears that the HID drive does not recognise it. I
> checked the linux-usb site. (http://www.linux-usb.org)
> The site says the keyboard is supported. I'm not sure
> where to go next

If you're up to building a kernel, you could try using the USB boot
driver for your keyboard and mouse, instead of the HID driver.  That's
what I have to do for my keyboard (not a Logitech).

To do this, when you configure the kernel turn off CONFIG_USB_HID and
CONFIG_USB_HIDDEV; turn on CONFIG_USB_KBD and CONFIG_USB_MOUSE.
--
patsmith@pobox.com