YDL 2.3 + KDE . . . . slow?

Nathan A. McQuillen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jul 3 22:00:01 2002

I have noticed this. Wallstreet PB G3, installed 2.3 yesterday, lots of
slow starts & slow refreshes. I recall being impressed by Konqueror's
speed on my beige G3 last year or so, and this has definitely been
disappointing. Switching to 24-bit color has helped, I think, as has
changing the themes to KDE defaults (as well as being far better looking
than the WinME-ish default from the install - ugh!) But it's still pretty
sluggish.

(Caveat Lector: I have not played with the described install at ALL, and
it's running on a castoff machine that may have any number of hardware
issues. And in general I've been quite impressed with this build, once I
got it to install <wince>.)

- N