WINE on OS X?

r. may yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jul 4 16:51:01 2002

You need an x86 machine for WINE.  This won't work on PPC for the same
reason MOL won't run on an x86.  They aren't emulators.  In OS X and OS
9 you can use VirtualPC to run windows stuff.  VirtualPC is an emulator
and won't run with native speeds.

A quick look at the FAQ on their site will tell you that they are
thinking of porting their winelib to Mac OS X.  But in any case it will
be a long time before this happens.

r.May