Excuse me one more time.

Oliviero Voyak yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jul 8 15:52:01 2002

Excuse me one more time.
Can anyone tell me what can i do with YDL 2.3 to connect my iBook 500 dvd
with the internal modem (ttyS0) to internet ?
There are no problems with the Suse 7.3 distro, only I have to link
/dev/ttyS0 to /dev/modem with: :~> rm /dev/modem  and after :~> ln -s
/dev/ttyS0 /dev/modem.

With the same values of Suse:
a) device= /dev/ttyS0
flow control=CRTSCTS
line termination= CR
and so on...
Modem Timeout= 60 secs.
b) Modem:
Wait for Dial tone before dialing= yes
Modem volume=0
Busy wait=0
c) Modem commands:
pre init Delay= 160
Post init delay= 160
and so on...
...the connection is ok (the modem is ok), but the connection speed is quite
zero (is it possible?) and I can't surf the web at all !

Another question: what can i do to connect the external firewire CDRW ?
I think that i have to load the module sbp2 by adding "modprobe sbp2" to
/etc/init.d/boot.local file and using the precompiled kernel 2.4.19-rc1-ben0
(the firewire connection start on boot).
Is the same with YDL 2.3 ?

The last question:
I use YDL 2.3 with the italian keyboard layout but I can't find the key "@".

I'm very very sorry, but I need a big help !

Thanks a lot