netatalk error 5002

Samad Lotia yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jul 11 15:20:01 2002

I've installed the server version of YellowDog 2.3 and compiled and
installed the 2.4.18 kernel. Now when the computer is starting up, it says
"Starting AppleTalk services... OK". However, when I try to connect to that
computer on a Mac, I get the error message: "No file services are avaible at
the URL afp://10.0.0.1\nTry again later or try a different URL (server
returned error - 5002)." Any reasons this could be happening? I looked
through the configuration files, but to no avail. BTW, papd is disabled. I
do not want a print server.
apfd.conf:
The file only contains comments. So afpd is configured to the default
settings.
AppleVolumes.conf:
~
atalkd.conf:
eth1 (this is the correct network device that is connected to the LAN)

In the Finder, when I select "Connect to server...", the atalkd server is
not listed. I also tried, in apdf.conf, to change the port to 12000. When I
connect to that port, I get the same error.
Samad