One more time...qmail

Neil Jolly yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jul 11 19:06:01 2002

On July 6, 2002 09:52 am, mafrota wrote:
> Ok now qmail is working. But there are a new trouble:
> Telneting at port 110 all is ok. I put the user
> user myuser
> +OK
> pass thepass
> -ERR this user has no $HOME/Maildir
>
> I already create the user and his MailDir using maildirmake at
> /home/myuser/Maildir - cur; new; tmp
>
> I alredy create a startup srip to use Maildir Mailboxes. It like:
>
> exec env - PATH="/var/qmail/bin:$PATH" \
> qmail-start ./Maildir/ splogger qmail &

You have to run maildirmake as the user who is going to be recieving the mail.
For example to create a mail dir for joe@someplace.com: you wouls su to joe
and then run maildirmake. Here's an example of my Maildir permissions:

drwx------    2 njolly   njolly      24576 Apr 10 14:52 cur
drwx------    2 njolly   njolly       8192 Jul  5 11:05 new
drwx------    2 njolly   njolly       4096 Jul  5 11:01 tmp

--
Neil Jolly

(with Yoda-like voice)
"Confrontation leads to anger...  Anger leads to fear...  Fear leads
to using Windows NT in mission-critical combat systems...  And this is
how the ancients fell...