MacOS size weirdness

Bert Knabe yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jul 13 22:41:01 2002

They will have a different block size if they are HFS instead of HFS+.
HFS+ uses a standard 4k block size, regardless of the partition size.
HFS adjusts it's block size, using larger blocks on larger partitions.
So a 1k file will show up as 4k on an HFS+ partition, but will show up
as a different size on an HFS partition. How big it appears to be will
depend on the size of the HFS partition.

Bert