MD5Sum mismatch in gtkhtml-devel

Denis/Janet Jarvis yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jul 14 19:12:01 2002

YDL 2.0,2.1,2.3, I installed from CD but it seemed strange to have to
start from scratch each time. With 2.3, I was pleased to be able to
update incrementally with apt-get. Except for one problem this worked
fine. GNOME works well but not KDE. The problem was a MD5Sum mismatch
in gtkhtml-devel and it still remains as shown with a recent
transcript:

[root@G4Linux apt]# apt-get -f dist-upgrade
Processing File Dependencies... Done
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Correcting dependencies... Done
Calculating Upgrade... Done
The following packages have been kept back
   kernel-headers kernel-source
The following packages will be upgraded
   gtkhtml-devel
1 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove(replace) and 2
not upgraded.
Need to get 383kB of archives. After unpacking 3343B will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
Get:1 http://open.mcgill.ca ydl/apt/2.3/main gtkhtml-devel 1.0.3-1a [383kB]
Fetched 383kB in 1s (200kB/s)
Failed to fetch
http://open.mcgill.ca/ydl/apt/2.3/RPMS.main/gtkhtml-devel-1.0.3-1a.ppc.rpm
   MD5Sum mismatch
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe try with --fix-missing?

I get similar results with yellowdog and other mirrors.
Is this a real error in the file?
If so, I am surprised nobody has already mentioned (or corrected) the problem.
Any advice is welcome.
Denis Jarvis